Pavilion ZV5000 15.4" Hinges
Pavilion ZV5000 15.0" Hinges
1. Remove battery and power supply from the laptop.
2. There are six rubber screw covers on the LCD screen bezel. You’ll have to remove all covers. You can remove covers with a sharp object. Remove six screws found under the rubber covers.
3. Take off the strip cover above the keyboard. Youcan find the detailed guide in my another post named How to Replace HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZX5000 Keyboard. Removed the screws securing the display hinges/brackets to the computer.
4. Separate the screen bezel and display cover. Be careful, the bezel made of fragile plastic. Remove the screen bezel .
HP Pavilion ZV5000
5. Now you can get an access to the screen inverter which is mounted below the screen. Remove one screw securing the inverter board.
HP Pavilion ZV5000D is connect cables on both sides of the inverter board. The inverter board has been removed. If you also need to replace the inverter, it is the time. HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZX5000, ZV6000 inverter also has two types, one is for 15.4" LCD and the other one is for 15" LCD. You can find them on battery-adapter.com.
15.4" HP ZV5000 inverter
15" HP ZV5000 inverter
6. Remove two screws securing each display hinge/bracket. Now you can get an access to the back side of the LCD screen. Remove clear tape covering the connector and disconnect the screen cable from the LCD screen. Simply unplug the cable from the connector.
7. Remove two screws from each side of the screen. These screws securing the display hinges/brackets to the screen.
8. Now, you can install your new HP Pavilion ZV5000 / ZX5000/ ZV6000 LCD hinges