1. Download the latest BIOS update for your laptop and install it (see link under References below). Turn off your computer.
2. Turn on your Lenovo laptop. Right when the boot screen shows up (the screen that lists the parts in your laptop and is in black-and-white letters), hold the "Delete" key to be brought to the BIOS settings.
3. Select "System Monitor" on the BIOS main menu. Now access "Fan Control" and then choose "CPU Fan Speed Control."
4. If the control is on "automatic," change it to "manual." Type in the percentage at which you would like the CPU fan to operate (100 would be 100%).
5. Click "F10" on the upper-right corner of the keyboard and restart your laptop. After the laptop restarts, the Lenovo CPU fan will be noticeably louder.